Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week Three

 I think taking macro photos has to be one of my favorites. I'd like to eventually get a better zoom. I went on pinterest to get some ideas, the photos on there were amazing. My camera wouldn't focus on an object if I got to close. :( I've noticed that using the macro setting most subjects tend to be bugs, water, and textures. I wish I lived near a zoo. This would be so much fun to do at the zoo.

8 comments:

  1. Your pictures are really awesome! All the colors match to well with each other, and the fact that you were able to photography so many different subjects is awesome. I really like the up close shot of the kitty's face, and whatever that purpley dead look plant is. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa,
    Excellent job! I really enjoyed viewing your collage – crisp photos with great color! I love, love, love the photo of your cat’s eyes… I honestly thought you went to a zoo because he/she looks like a wild cat at first glance! You truly know how to utilize focal length, focusing distance, and depth of field well. My all-time favorite is the margarita glass rimmed with salt and a lime! What a tease this photo is as a margarita is my #1 drink, but with a bun in the oven, it’s off limits for me! It is so appealing because I can actually see the texture of the ice and salt. The lime also has a three dimensional quality about it. Great job, again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa:

    I really love the picture of the leaf dripping water off of it. I enjoyed how bright your work was. In the previous macros you've taken, the picture of the flower petals is really beautiful. You have a nice balance between the distances of your subjects, which makes it interesting to look at the differences in depth. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About your comment "My camera wouldn't focus on an object if I got to close." This is because most point and shoot cameras have a macro range that goes with their macro setting as do DSLRs, especially if you are using the macro setting on the DSLR not the manual setting. Read the directions for your camera, what is the range? For point and shoots the manufacturer will often make the hand-strap exactly the correct distant long for the distance one should be from the subject when taking a macro, thus giving you a kind of measuring device for when in the field. For DSLRs your manual will give you the range for focus. I use my zoom often and get to stand back farther, but actually focus closer (great for butterflies and other moving creatures).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the cat's whiskers are so clear; You can really see the detail of the cat's fur. I like how you can see the detail (of the feathers?) top left picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your collage is amazing!!! It is so bright and colorful! I love the different textures and subjects that you decided to take photos of. They all look so clear and I love how clearly you can see the textures of the food and the ice in the drinks. I also love the photos of your cat because you can see the hair and whiskers so clearly. I also love the lighting because all of your photos look so warm and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanessa,
    I loved your collage! Your images were all striking and beautiful. I love how you had a specific color scheme to it that made all the images fit together beautifully and yet still be unique and individual. The top photograph of the cat is stellar. I must admit, before I put my own collage together I had no idea what to do or how it should look and then I saw yours and used it as inspiration. Fantastic job!
    Cristine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collage has so much going on that its amazing not to much going on though but just enough to keep you woundering. The colors complement each other. Over all it works and blends together so well. I like the fuirt picture with the different colors and mixture.

    ReplyDelete