The point of view of a photo can change everything. It changes the focus, what the eye is drawn to first and can completely change the subject. Take a picture of a car from one side, its a car, take a picture from above, its a sunroof, take a picture from afar and wrap your hand around it. The car is now a toy car. The 3rd photo and the 4th photo are my two favorite. With the 3rd photo you are no longer just looking at a door knob. The colors and contrast the gold, you see how beautiful it is. From afar its just a boring door knob. The 4th picture is just a really neat angle. If i were to just look at the photo, and that photo only I'm not sure I'd be able to figure out what I'm looking at.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Week Two
The point of view of a photo can change everything. It changes the focus, what the eye is drawn to first and can completely change the subject. Take a picture of a car from one side, its a car, take a picture from above, its a sunroof, take a picture from afar and wrap your hand around it. The car is now a toy car. The 3rd photo and the 4th photo are my two favorite. With the 3rd photo you are no longer just looking at a door knob. The colors and contrast the gold, you see how beautiful it is. From afar its just a boring door knob. The 4th picture is just a really neat angle. If i were to just look at the photo, and that photo only I'm not sure I'd be able to figure out what I'm looking at.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

although the p-o-v is probably the most "normal" being straight on, I love the first photo, luscious color, lovely composition with rule of thirds positioning of the elements, crisp details, lovely.
ReplyDelete