Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Week Eight


Editing photos by adjusting levels, curves, contrast is something I've always done automatically. This was a before and after photo that I had done on previous weeks. Any photo I have posted I had edited in this way. 



These are photos I've already posted and done some editing with. With this one I remember playing with the saturation as well to make the trees and sky warmer and brighter.

I'm going to take some more pictures so I can do some more new editing.




I found these two above in an old folder so I thought I'd post. It's such a difference and all I did was alter the lighting, shadows, contrast and color. 



With these two above, I just messed around with the sunset. I liked the bottom original one so I had never opened it up in Photoshop. I altered the colors, altered the lighting, added some more contrast and voila. It s a completely different sunset now.





I found this photo buried that I never messed around with so... I added a lot more light to the photo for one. I added a lot more color and again saturation. I added color the first time and then at the end I added even more and it sort of made it look more like the sun was shining right on the center of the bench, which I really liked.

6 comments:

  1. These are great pictures, i especially love the water one, i have a thing for reflections in the water. You did a great job on the lighting to make them both brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job using light and color. I like how the water in your second photo has a bright contrast to it. The sky has the same affect as the water as well, I think. In the first photo I might have made the leaves a little brighter than the pine needles. I think that would have made them stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I really like the second one. You added a lot more depth to the colors and lighting. I also like how you made the needles stand out on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually also play with levels and contrast with most of my pics, but this week I started playing with the color balance too. Have you had a chance to do that yet? You can get some really nice effects between colors. Great shots though, love how the saturation made the colors so much richer in the second set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a really good job on your pictures. All the adjustments you made really helped all of your pictures out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my favorite is the one of the tree line and reflection on the water. The edit makes the colors stand out so much! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete